Thursday 5 March 2009

76 Xbox Live Arcade Games

The other day I decided to make an excel document of all my 360 games, as a result I found out I own about 76 arcade games. Out of these arcade games I would say I have enjoyed playing between 8-10 of them at the most, while most of these have been nothing but impulse purchases and normally leave me disappointed that I bought them.

Sure I do have some great games like Castle Crashers and er........ some others, but I think I am like most people that buy these games and play them for 10 minutes then forget about. Pushing them further and further down my last played list until they are a million miles from my mind. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I actually had a physical box that can sit on my shelf and remind me that I own the game. At least that way when I look at my shelves for a game to play I can see one of them and think "fuck it I may as well play that", but alas they don't come boxed so I forget about them.

It's not really big, they are just midgets!

It is pretty amazing how much we 360 gamers actually spend on crappy games just because they are new without even trying the trial mode first. If we say that each of my games cost 400 points (Even though the majority of them are 800 point games) it works out that I have used 30400 points, that works out at over £260 ($500) with the real figure being probably double that. Then we have all the other crap I have bought like map packs and other DLC, all on stuff I can't hold in my hand.

I like owning games and stuff I can hold in my hand, I hate buying all this digital media bullshit. When you buy a cd you normally flick through the booklet as you listen to it for the first time, even though you know it contains nothing of interest. If I go to town to buy a new game I normally sit on the bus and look at the booklet on the way back home, it fills the time and I find some of them pretty interesting.

Two people fighting T-Hawk? Is this the IK+ Edition?

This was supposed to be a blog about buying Arcade games, yet it has turned into me realising that I hate how things are moving more and more into digital downloads. It makes me sad to think that not to far in the future all games, film and music will only be available in this form. I like shitty box art and crappy booklets and will miss them when they are no longer packaged with games. The future sucks I guess I should go and live in the past. :(

1 comment:

Botafogo said...

I agree - the past rules. 16 bit FTW :). On the other hand, I have an enormous shelf full of CDs and I don't want more of them. They take up too much space, and I like having them all on my iPod when I travel.

It would be cool if all XBLA games came on cartridges though and the 360 had a little port for them in the top and you had to blow on them every time you wanted to play one :).