Sunday 11 April 2010

Sony's First Play Sucks So Far

Sony's First Play got released this week as some of you may know, for those that don't know about First Play you can check out the video below to see what it is all about.



Now I know that I shouldn't have really expected much from First Play, but after Sony pushing it quite a bit lately in magazines I really thought it would be better than it is. I am now regretting paying £8.99 for a 3 month subscription for a bunch of videos that you can see on the Internet for free. As for the video reviews, they just seem to be a carbon copy of Game Face`s which are also available for free. The one saving grace for subscribing to this shite could be the DLC, but with this weeks being a different parachute for Rico in Just Cause 2 it could be nothing more than window dressing.

Then throw in the fact that you have to watch an advertisement before you can see whats coming up in the next episode and you have one pissed off gamer. Why should I have to pay for something then end up watching an advert for Sky HD, OK I know its only 99p a week but I am still paying 99p so I don't expect adverts to be forced upon me without the ability to skip them. (Made worse by the fact that I already have Sky HD so I am seeing an advert something I already bloody own)

Hopefully as time goes by we will see better things from this official Sony magazine product, yet I doubt we will unless something changes are made, heck just let me skip the adverts and I will be a bit happier. Hopefully the exclusives and other stuff will appear soon as promised, but until then save your money for something better.

No comments: