Thursday 3 February 2011

Playing With Conviction (Splinter Cell That Is!)

What you are missing out on by not checking out Playd-it.com


It was one of those rare occassions the other day where I finally got to sit down in front of the TV and switch on a console and play a game. Looking through some of the games I had bought but not got around to playing (The number is quite shocking and I need to do something fast to remedy the situation before it get's worse) So anyway, I decided to give Splinter Cell: Conviction a go, a game I really am unsure about why I bought it since I have never been a big fan of the Splinter Cell series. I must be near the end of the game now as in the game the shit has now really hit the fan.

Oh Shit I forgot what I had to do, If only I had a clue :(
From the time I have spent playing the game over the last 2 evenings I have determined a few key points about the game.
  1. Your missus will start talking the moment a cut-scene is taking place.
  2. You can't pause the cut-scene that your missus is currently ruining with some bullshit story about something you don't care about.
  3. You end up annoyed that your missus is doing her best to try and ruin the experience for you, and will end up plotting your revenge for when she is watching something on TV she really wants to watch, and devise a plan to keep talking through the whole of the programme.
  4. Splinter Cell: Conviction is really quite a good game overall, but it does have it's faults.
Sam gave his friend an owie :(
If you have ever played an earlier game in the Splinter Cell series and didn't really take to them as you were to busy comparing it to Metal Gear Solid then give Conviction a try. This takes the stealth type of gaming of old and gives it enough tweaks to drag the genre into the modern day, as opposed to the same style of gaming that we had back in 1998 with Metal Gear Solid. (Shit! was it that long ago it came out? I feel old now)

I have to say that I am really enjoying playing Conviction at the moment and although I have nearly finished the main story, I can actually see myself replaying the game on the hardest setting once I am done to see how my sneaking skills have improved since I first started the game. (They can't be any worse than my first 10-20 minutes with the game) So if you fancy a change of pace from C.O.D. or whatever other game you are playing you can't go that wrong with a quick run through of Conviction.

No comments: