Wednesday 6 July 2011

Duke Nukem Forever Sucks Balls


Duke Nukem Forever has been 12 years in the making; I can't help but feel that those 12 years have been wasted after playing the game. You can normally tell if you are going to like a game by the first 10-30 minutes of game play. Well after about 2 hours or so I had made up my mind that the game sucked balls. (Not balls of steel)


The first encounter with the cyclops was a great starting point to the game, sadly though after that I can't help but feel that the game started to go downhill fast. What should have been a great game just ended up feeling a bit shitty, the graphics while great in some parts looked crap in others. The whole feel of the game started to feel a bit of a let down, like the point where you control a remote control car to get a energy coil. Sure it's a bit different but I just thought "wow this is shitty" it just felt out of place.


Then shortly after you get shrunk down and end up climbing inside and driving another remote control car. This is where boredom really set in for me and once I completed this level and part of the next I had to reach for the off switch. Normally I would go back to a game I get bored off and give it another try to just see if I didn't like it just because of the mood I was in at the time. However Duke Nukem will forever be consigned to the shitty games I will never play again pile.

No comments: