Monday 5 July 2010

Sony & Microsoft Suck!

Last night I thought I would play some online Red Dead Redemption with a few of my buddies, sounds like fun doesn't it. Well it would have been if Sony had party chat like Microsoft have on Xbox Live so we could all band together and talk as we played without hearing some asshole playing music and screaming down their microphone. (Assholes aren't just limited to the 360 so it seems) The only problem is that Sony don't have the feature so we decided to use our 360's to chat on while we played on our PS3'3. (Yes I know how retarded that sounds, but hey it kinda works)


So we fired up our 360's to jump into a party, only one problem apparently my Xbox Live Gold had ran out last week. Add in the fact that it was around 7pm at night on a sunday as well and I had little choice but to pay on my card so I could join in. So I hopped onto xbox.com and decided to just go for the monthly offer of £4.99 per month and within seconds my account was showing I now had Gold membership again. Only one problem when I turned my 360 on it said I had a silver account. After resetting and logging out and back in for 30 minutes it still said I only had Silver which pissed me off as you can't join a party chat with a Silver account.


I then hit on the idea of trying a multiplayer game hoping that would refresh my account so I could finally join the chat. So I popped in Modern Warfare 2 and attempted to join Party Chat and it worked, so I then quit to my dashboard only to be kicked out of the chat. One minute later I booted up the game and joined the party again and it worked. For some strange reason I can only join Party Chat when I have a game loaded into my 360, if not it just won't work. This morning before I came to work my 360 was still saying that I had a Silver account, while Xbox.com says I have gold. So for all the crap I have had to go through just to get into Party Chat while playing a game I proclaim that both Sony and Microsoft suck.

No comments: