Thursday 10 June 2010

Casually Play'd - Code Play'd Mario

(Casually Play'd is a column by Codedigital chronicling his unfortunately limited playtime, and his rise...TO POWER! Each column will do a mini review and how well the game fits into a limited playtime schedule.)

Juggling a family, two jobs, drinking hours, and friends that always need shit takes my play time down to about very little to nil. In fact, the more I think about this the more I realize I'm losing even more play time by writing on this blog.

Oh well.

So this Casually Play'd will cover the game I've been playing recently: Super Mario Galaxy 2!





I could say something along the lines of "Wow"...but that would be pretty shitty of me to be so simple. To me, this is the best Mario game I've ever played. The level design is the tits and the way you just float through the game in this constant state of reverie makes me a very happy Code. I know, "fap fap fap, Codedigidi", but I can't help it. Play the damn game. Especially since it's going for pretty damn cheap right now.

So, how well does this baby play for the willing/forced casual player? Great actually. The game, like all Mario's of 3D fame, is broken up into stages with certain goals. Completing said goal earns you a star. Generally, stars should take you less than 10 minutes per...sometimes even as low as 2. So you can snap up as many 20-30 minute game sessions you can and probably walk away with 3-5 stars each time. Couple that with a quick game/console boot time and you're getting close to rivaling the iPhone/iPad "pick up, play, put away" model.


Casually Play'd-ability: 5/5

No comments: