Sunday 4 January 2009

Wild Arms 5 Piracy


I really want to own Wild Arms 5, I have all the other games in the series and even imported Wild Arms: Alter Code F. There is just one problem though and that is the price, ever since the game got released in April 2008 I have been trying to purchase it. The only problem is that it only got a very limited release in Europe, as such the only ones I have managed to find are on ebay.

So why don't I just buy it from ebay? Last time I checked it was on sale at £100 new and it has been this price since about a month after it came out. £100 for a game that is supposed to sell for £25 is just bullshit, and it's the normal case of some asshole wanting to make money from people that want a game in short supply.



So why don't I buy a second hand copy of the game? Well the main reason is the ones I see all have French game manuals and sell for £60 or so. While the American versions sell for £40 second hand. I think it's great that after buying all five of the other games in the series, Media Vision and 505 games decided to screw over the fans of the Wild Arms series buy not making more copies of the game available, and having a system where some game stores don't even know the game exists, let alone recieved copies of the game for sale.

I guess I only have 3 options open to me.

1) Pay through the nose for a second hand copy with French game manuals.

2) Pay for a second hand copy from America I may not be able to play with my import boot disk.

3) Get a pirated version of the game that I would have bought if 505 games made more copies available in the first place.

Looks like I am going to be taking option 3, so thanks for the free game Media Vision and 505 games, I guess I deserve it for being a loyal fan of the Wild Arms series. It's nice to see your into rewarding your fanbase with free games, and also encouraging people to get them by pirating the games you spent so much time and money developing.

Stumble It!

No comments: