Saturday 1 May 2010

I'm in your base killing your doods!


Just the other week I ended up finally getting around to playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 that has been sitting on my shelf for the last few weeks, and I have to say there is just something about the game that is awesome. There is just something about the game that I am really enjoying online that seems me wanting to play the game over and over again. (Much to the annoyance of Mrs Flea, especially when she wants me to do something less fun!) Don't get me wrong she doesn't mind me occasionally playing games as she realises that it is something that I really enjoy, but this game is habit forming in the worst way.

Going to your base to kill your doods!

The game offers an experience that CoD: MW2 just doesn't offer, sure Conquest is just a variation of CoD's Head Quarters mode. (But then isn't that just a variation of King of the Hill?) Yet the variation on BC2 just seems a lot more fun as you don't just have one target to capture making the game a lot more tactical, instead of just standing back and grenade spamming the Head Quarters like so many CoD players seem to do.


Flea at the top of the after game scoreboard

The strange thing is I really liked the first Modern Warfare game and wasn't keen on the first Bad Company game. So why the sudden change? It could be that I am just bored of Modern Warfare's style of play so Bad Company gives me something different that I can now enjoy and appreciate that I didn't before. Then again it could be because at the moment I am normally finishing at the top of the leader boards (sometimes by quite a margin which is always a great experience)

And again? Wow he is awesome lol

Maybe one day I will return to Modern Warfare 2 and enjoy it just as much as I am enjoying Bad Company 2, if so it won't be for quite a while as Bad Company 2 remains such fun. (Especially the Rush mode which you really should play) If I am going to recommend one game to play online then it has to be Bad Company 2, just don't ask me what the single player mode is like as I haven't got a clue.

No comments: