Sunday 16 May 2010

Random Game Conversations FTW!

There is nothing worse than having to take something back and wait while the person at the counter ignores you while seemingly does nothing at all. (Well that is normally what happens when I take stuff back) This weekend I took a DVD player that stopped working back to a computer shop (Scan) to be exchanged for another one. When I got there I commented that the shop looked significantly different to when I used to go there.


The guy behind the counter said that they had done the shop up a few years ago, and asked me why I hadn't been in. I replied that I had been sat at home playing on my PS3 as a throwaway comment. What ensued from this was a 20 minute conversation on Demon's Souls with a bit of 3D Dot Game Heroes thrown in. As apparently the guy behind the counter had just imported it a month or 2 before hand and is loving every moment of the game.


We probably could have spoken about the games for quite sometime if it wasn't for the customers coming in the ship and queuing up behind me, oh and the fact that my missus and the kids were sat in the car for the entire time waiting for me to just nip in and straight back out of the shop. I know this isn't really a gaming related story, I was just pretty surprised to find not only another PS3 owner but also someone that had imported Demon's Souls in the UK. (Since the game doesn't see a release over here until June 2010) I guess I have learnt my lesson that not all returns need to be boring and mundane, you just have to take stuff back to a shop with another gamer working there that wants to skive for 20 minutes or so.

No comments: